Click on a job title to expand its description.
Location: Calgary, Alberta
About the Organization
Bluesource Canada is a leading provider of greenhouse gas (GHG) related services and solutions, and developer and marketer of GHG projects. We deliver technical and advisory services to our clients across the country in industrial sectors as varied as renewable energy, oil & gas, agriculture, commercial/institutional, waste management and forestry. Our diverse project portfolio includes wind power, energy efficiency, biomass-to-energy, biogas, agriculture, landfill gas capture, wastewater treatment, composting, pneumatic device conversion and refrigerant management.
We are a passionate group of people dedicated to delivering real GHG emission reduction and energy efficiency projects, services and strategies and we are looking for enthusiastic, personable and like-minded individuals to join our team to help us increase our positive impact. We offer a convenient office location in downtown Calgary, flexible working hours, competitive benefits, an entrepreneurial culture and a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
Bluesource annually reports its GHG footprint to The Climate Registry and retires sufficient offsets to ensure carbon neutrality.
For more information, please review our website at www.bluesource.com.
About the Position
As a Carbon Solutions Analyst, you will join our growing technical and advisory services team where your core focus will be to contribute to a variety of our project types across our client and project portfolios. You will play a key role in quantifying greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and working with emerging technologies in oil and gas, energy efficiency, agriculture, biogas, methane reduction, biomass, wind power, and waste heat recovery applications. You’ll enjoy significant responsibility for the management of your own projects within a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Quantification of GHG emissions reductions for projects, facilities and organizations in accordance with recognized protocols and standards;
• Documenting GHG emissions projects (e.g. preparing Offset Project Plans, Offset Project Reports, GHG inventories, etc);
• Working with clients and prospective clients to identify GHG reduction opportunities and bringing those projects forward;
• Liaising with clients to manage the collection and organization of relevant GHG data;
• Analysing and understanding a wide variety of industrial processes and datasets – including process descriptions and process variable datasets (e.g. fuel consumption, temperature, pressure, etc);
• Facilitating the verification/audit of GHG emissions reduction projects by independent third-parties;
• Evaluating potential greenhouse gas solutions and technologies;
• Technical writing and reporting;
• Business development, proposal writing and contracting assistance;
• Contributing to a positive and enthusiastic office culture!
You will have significant responsibility for the management of individual projects and will have the opportunity to travel within Alberta, other provinces and potentially the United States to see first-hand the exciting projects you are working on.
This position is best suited to a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic, proven technical abilities, clear communication skills, and a high level of technical writing proficiency. The ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as to work in a team environment, are both highly valued. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate:
• A great attitude and a passion for the environment and making a difference;
• An engineering or science degree(s) is a requirement (candidates holding or working towards PEng and/or EP(GHG) designation are preferred);
• Experience working in the oil & gas sector, preferably in the field, is an asset;
• Candidates with a relevant Certificate from the CSA on GHG quantification or verification using ISO 14064 are preferred;
• Client management and/or sales experience;
• Direct experience in project and/or facility-level GHG quantification and/or verification (experience in the Alberta and/or BC markets is preferred);
• A high level of numeracy and comfort with interpreting technical (i.e. engineering and scientific) data and performing calculations (preferably in relation to GHGs);
• Exemplary oral and written communications skills (French/English bilingualism is an asset);
• A proven track record of meeting deadlines while working on several simultaneous projects (experience in a consulting environment is an asset);
• Excellent time management skills.
In addition, the following qualifications are deemed highly desirable:
• Engineer In Training (EIT) and/or Environmental Professional in Training (EPt) status;
• A relevant Certificate from the CSA on GHG quantification or verification using ISO 14064;
• 1-3 years working in a relevant environmental field (climate change, energy efficiency, agriculture, etc.);
• Experience in a consulting environment;
• French/English bilingualism.
Compensation and Benefits
Bluesource offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
Apply for this position here.
Closing date: March 30, 2020
Job Title: Methane Projects Coordinator
Work Experience (min years): 1 to 3 years
Employment Type: Full-time employment
Required Education: Post-secondary diploma or degree
If you would like to progress your career by making an immediate impact in Canada’s energy sector, we would like to hear from you!
As a Methane Projects Coordinator, reporting to our Director, you will join the Blue Source Methane team where your core focus will be to coordinate and maintain a variety of emission reduction projects across our portfolio. The projects you will participate in are generating high quality greenhouse gas (GHG) reductions in the oil & gas sector. You will play a key role in ensuring the quality and integrity of the GHG reductions, and take on significant responsibility supporting large-scale projects within a supportive and collaborative team environment. Core job duties will include:
1. Monitoring the quality and integrity of field collected data necessary to quantify emission reductions;
2. Liaising with clients, partners, and field technicians to manage the collection and organization of correct GHG data;
3. Maintain the central project database used for methane projects;
4. Manage annual project inspection process and collaborate with client leads;
5. Perform project mapping and various data gathering to fulfill project requirements;
6. Support project verifications by coordinating with operations, mapping, and scheduling field work;
7. Weekly project registration process and maintaining tracking tools;
8. Draft documents related to GHG emission projects (e.g. preparing Offset Project Reports, GHG inventories, etc);
9. Compiling applications for relevant project awards, funding, and conferences
10. Organize and attend relevant methane project stakeholder meetings and events
11. Contributing to a positive and enthusiastic office culture!
You will have responsibility for the coordination and maintenance of several projects and will have the opportunity to travel within AB and potentially other provinces to see our projects in action, liaise with clients and perform onsite evaluation where required.
This position is best suited to a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic, and proven project coordination abilities. The ability to work independently, as well as to work in a team environment, are both highly valued in this collaborative role.
Required skills and attributes:
1. A great attitude, passion for the environment/climate change and making a difference;
2. A high level of numeracy and comfort with managing data, with strong Microsoft Excel skills;
3. Strong oral and written communications skills;
4. Attention to detail and multitasking;
5. Excellent time management skills.
In addition, the following qualifications are associated with the role:
1. A science, business, administrative or similar diploma or bachelor’s degree(s) is a requirement;
2. Experience managing several, simultaneous projects is highly desirable;
3. Experience with synthesizing and monitoring large amounts of data is highly desirable;
4. Experience in oil and gas production accounting, other oil and gas project management; or environmental projects would be preferred.
Bluesource is the leading provider of greenhouse gas (GHG) related services and solutions, and developer and marketer of GHG projects. We deliver technical and advisory services to our clients across the country in industrial sectors as varied as renewable energy, oil & gas, institutional, and forestry. Blue Source Methane is a signature program that is delivering high impact solutions in the oil & gas sector through the reduction of vented methane emissions on site.
We are a passionate group of people dedicated to delivering real GHG emission reduction and efficiency projects, services and strategies and we are looking for enthusiastic, personable and like-minded team players to join our team to help us increase our positive impact. We offer flexible working hours, competitive benefits, a convenient office location in downtown Calgary with mountain views, direct access to the LRT, free fitness and bike storage facilities, and an entrepreneurial culture and a positive, supportive, working atmosphere.
Bluesource annually reports its GHG footprint to The Climate Registry and retires sufficient offsets to ensure carbon neutrality. For more information, please review our website at www.bluesource.com